Friday, October 19, 2007

She is back...

Hello readers how are you? Wow! I was just looking back at previous posts and I have realized how successful I have been at fulfilling my new years resolution of adding to my blog regularly. Pretty good eh!?!

Having said that, first and foremost I must apologize for not updating this blog regularly. Things have been busy and involved to say the least. I guess I should start with updating you with what has happened with me and our clinic over the last 10 months. Ever since January I have been a Chiropractor at Kinetic Health. Our clinic has two Chiropractors, a "he-doctor" (Dr. Abelson) and a myself the "she-doctor". Practice is great! I am loving every moment of it, our patients are improving and sending us friends and family, (which we truly appreciate!!). Slowly but surely everyone is learning how to say my name...Dr. Ahluwalia (pronounced Ah-loo-wa-lee-a), at first patients would arrive at the clinic to see me and they would tell our front staff "I am here to see Dr. Ah---" followed by a long pause, the girls would have a good chuckle, and say "yes you have arrived at the right place, Dr. Ahluwalia will be with you shortly". Those that found it difficult to say my name simply call me Tarveen, which we are all comfortable with.

We started the year off by adding videos to our You Tube channel at www.youtube.com/kinetichealthonline. Yup, we joined the You Tube bandwagon, I guess if there can be silly video's of cats chasing their tails, why could we not put informative, health related video's that would be of benefit in some way!?! Several beloved viewers have informed me that that their favorite video is the "Jaw Exercises" video, I skillfully put my finger in my mouth and talk at the same time, its definitely a sight to see, meaning its a good laugh! The response we have received is incredible, people call and email from all over the world. Our patients have also given us positive feedback and we hope to continue adding to the library of videos.

We also started carrying Fitter products (www.fitter1.com) in our clinic!! This decision came by public demand; our patients were requesting we carry products so that they could purchase products directly from our clinic and not have to drive around the city collecting exercise equipment.

Our clinic has carried vitamins and supplements in the past, however earlier this year we added other products to compliment conditions we commonly treat. Next time you are in our clinic, you will see the lovely cabinet in our waiting area, filled with all sorts of products to assist you in reaching your ultimate health goals.

With the arrival of new products in our clinic, I had a new arrival in my family, in March my sister had a baby girl named Jia, I got promoted to being a "Masi" (a term in Punjabi describes my relation to the child; a Masi is usually your mother's sister). The seven pound bundle of joy was a highlight in our household, finally a baby after all these years! Like a true Punjabi household her arrival was celebrated with lots of celebration and free flowing Indian sweets called "mathai"

In June I went to Las Vegas to take the Graston Techniques (www.grastontechnique.com) seminar. The seminar was hands on and incredibly informative, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Vegas was amazing, who does not like Vegas!?! But as the saying goes "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" need I say more. Since then the Graston tools, which I affectionately call my "Chiropractic cutlery" has assisted me in treating various soft tissue problems for my patients and I am truly thankful I took the seminar.

Just last month, (even though it feels like 5 days ago) I went to Vancouver to take an Active Release Technique seminar (www.activerelease.com). The seminar was excellent as they all are, I always return to practice with a kick in my step ready to treat the world. I stayed in the heart of downtown Vancouver a few blocks away from Robson Street. I had the privilege of soaking up the wonderful array of sights, sounds and tastes that Vancouver has to offer. My time there was incredible, couldn't have been better. I finally had an opportunity to see the famed Stanley park which was breathtakingly beautiful or more appropriately to quote a classic line from my British cousin Manjit, "beautiful just like the ocean mate."

Usually in August Dr. Abelson and his family travel to some exotic land. Last year, they went to Brazil and Peru and in December the Abelson's were in India. Due to other commitments this year, he stayed close to home and visited the west coast instead. Therefore, I was busy holding up the KH fort for a portion of August. In the last few months, I have been working with Dr. Abelson with some of the publications that will be coming out from Kinetic Health and Rowen Tree Books. Keep watching this space, we will update you with more details as they unfold.

Since schools started again in September, I have also been visiting local high school's and speaking to Sports Medicine classes. I guess I was never really crazy about school growing up (its safe to admit that now that I am where I am), however one class truly inspired me to follow the path that I travel upon today, and that was Sports Medicine. Therefore, I go to local schools to share the story of my journey in hopes to inspire kids about the possible health care opportunities that await after high school.

On my own time, I have been running off and on, however I decided it was time to become more serious and set a goal for myself, therefore I aspire to run a 5/10K next year. In preparation for that, I have joined the local Running room and its great! I have always been a walker more than a runner, however I decided to push the envelope and break out of my walking shoes. Much to my surprise I am doing quite well! Before I joined up, my reservations got the best of me and I thought I would be trailing 5000 miles behind the rest of the group, however I actually keep up, sometimes near the front! An achievement I am truly proud of.

That pretty much brings me up to speed of where I have been over the last 10 months. However, rest assured I will update my blog regularly. I already have my next feature all lined up but I will save it for the next time...can't give too much away now.

Thank-you for reading this long winded post. For those individuals that visit my blog regularly, I apologize for not updating it. However, I have decided to use this as a platform on informing the Internet community and our patients on all the new things we are working on, simply because at Kinetic Health we are always up to something new and exciting! So this will be one of the official portals of informing you about the latest and greatest from our clinic.

As always if you have any comments or suggestions or you simply want to say hello, please email me at drtarveen@gmail.com

Until next time, I wish you the best in health and wellness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.